Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy new year to you all.


I try not to be too introspective but it's hard to avoid this time of year. My 2014 was a calm, comfortable, forgettable year with no significant events, worries, achievements or regrets. If this was a movie, the entire year would be a fade-out scene showing fluttering calender months ripped away by an invisible hand representing an unremarkable passage of time. I drift through comfortable middle age conformity while the older generation start passing into melancholic memory and the younger struggle to seize their time; time which so recently belonged to me.

But I am not yet ready to don those old man brown shoes and corduroy pants and settle into a bench to watch the world pass me by. I still want to be a part of that stream of life; there's places I want to see, people I want to met and things I want to do.

What I did right:

  • Curtailed my love of eating without dieting or starving myself.
  • Exercised regularly, without seriously injuring myself (always a nice bonus).
  • Managed to find some satisfaction in my work.
  • Quit cigarettes. 

What I did wrong:

  • Became a slave to regular routine.
  • Slacked off on my blogging and reading.
  • Became addicted to e-cigarettes.
  • Utterly mangled a potential romantic relationship before it even began.
  • Spent far too much time in front of a computer screen.
Resolutions:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;